Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Introduction of ME

This is my first Post, an Introduction of myself. What do I say.
  Well..... first off.... I became a widow this past Feb.   We met in our senior year in high school and were married for almost 38 years, we had a relaxed, comfortable & fun life together.  We were married at the tender age of 20, my Hub was in the Air force and we spent our first 2.5 years in England.  It was truly an experience that was fantastic.
  From England we moved back to the US and spent the next 6 months in very dry Oklahoma, what a flip side of the coin.  After he was discharged from the AF in 1976, our country's Bi-Centenial year, we drove our little red '62 Nova, (my High School Car) the miniature German sheppard in the back seat & cactus in the back window all the way back to Washington State, the Pacific Northwest. 
  As we drive back into our Valley, it is mid Fall, and the smells of the crops are in the air.  Wheat, Grapes, Mint & Hay.   It was a very nice welcome back.
  We settled in our home town and raised 2 kids.  We've had 3 homes, 6 cars, 3 pickup trucks, 2 campers, a mini moterhome, 3 dogs, 2 cats, and iguana my daughter rescued and left with me when she went off to college that also passed away this Feb at the age of 16 years old and was a huge 42" in length.  She was my baby.
  I have since my widowhood gone through the mood swings expected I suppose.  I was hungry, but nothing satisfied my apetite.  I felt/feel like just going.... driving away... no worries, but know that if I go, I am still alone.  I have a full time job that I've had for over 20 years and the routine is something that me, as a Virgo, is a comfort.
  Routine, Control, & Creativity... but not in that order.... some people would say best describes me.  I think most people I know & love accept the contol part. <grin>  I have a great support group of family, friends & co-workers.
  My hobbies & likes are massive.  I collect/craft/get involved with/in..... dolls, milkglass, fabric stash, quilting, sewing, beads, miniatures, costuming, renaissance faires, pirate festivals, sci-fi conventions and most recently.... steampunk.  These will be the topics of my post.  This blog may be my therapy.  I hope I don't ramble..... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment